Thursday, March 25, 2010

The Godfather Reaction

The Godfather is one of those movies everybody has to see at some point in their lifetime. It epitomizes the evolution film has taken since it's humble beginnings in the 1800's. Regardless of what walk of life you come from, The Godfather is capable of captivating any individual and that is why in my eyes it has seen such huge cultural success. Some people cite it as the best movie ever made. I tend to disagree, however I can see how it appeals to so many people. There are several relatable characters all of whom do a terrific job playing their respectable roles. The film transcends generational boundaries unlike others before it because it focuses on both the young and the old. This may not be my favorite film of all time; it's long, involved, and the subplotes feel cumbersome, but I can appreciate it for what it's done to cinema and it's affect on movie watchers around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment